Born in Iserlohn.
1959 – 1962
Trained as a mechanic by AEG Oldenburg.
Started mechanical engineering studies at the technical college in Lage/Lippe
1965 – 1966
Interrupted studies to work for the Hamburg-Süd shipping company for about a year as an engineering assistant. Working out of Bremen, with sojourns in New York, Melbourne, Los Angeles and many other places.
1967 – 1968
Continued and completed mechanical engineering studies at the State Technicians' College in Berlin. Started industrial design studies at the State Academy for Technical Art and Fashion in Berlin. From 1968, continued his studies at the Technical Art College in Kassel, now known as the College of Art. Assistant to Prof. Arnold Bode in the field of exhibition planning (from 1970 onwards).
Graduated as an Industrial Designer. Employed by the Wolfgang Bader firm of architects in Frankfurt/Main.
1973 – 1975
Design activities for the advertising agencies TBWA and Lürzer Conrad in Frankfurt/Main.
Founded his own design studio in Frankfurt.
Offices moved to Oberursel/Taunus.
1984 – 1997
Jury member of the professional association Fachverband Kunststoff-Konsumwaren
1985 – 1996
Member of the board of the Work Federation (Deutscher Werkbund Hessen)
1986 – 1997
Member of the jury of the Art Directors Club (ADC)
German Designer Club (DDC) founded. Became President (until 1997), since then Honorary Chairman
Member of the jury for "Design Arena Lights" for "Zuhause" magazine.
Chairman of the Board of the Hessen Design Centre in Darmstadt (until 2009).
Co-founder of the association "Fidius Faire Designwettbewerbe", which promotes fairer conditions of competitions.
Chairman of the Board of Hessen Design e.V. in Darmstadt (until 2010).
Offices moved to Berlin-Charlottenburg.